Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.
To process a tenancy application, a fee of £150.00 incl VAT per person will be charged. This covers administration cost, referencing, credit checking and preparation of the Tenancy Agreement. The fee will not be refunded if the tenant decides not to commence with the Tenancy.
For any additional occupants or guarantors on the same Tenancy an additional £150.00 incl VAT per person will apply.
To amend an existing Tenancy Agreement, a fee of £120.00 incl VAT will be charged. The same fee will also apply for renewals of a Tenancy Agreement.
All deposits received by Stewart Hunter will be registered with The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and certificate issued.
In most instances the Landlord will require a check-in/check-out inventory to be completed by an outside organisation. The Landlord will pay for the check-in inventory at the start at Tenancy and the Tenant will pay for the check-out inventory upon vacating the property. Fees will vary depending on the size of the property and can range from £120.00 to £180.00 incl VAT and in some cases more depending on whether the property was rented as furnished or unfurnished along with the size of the property.
Other potential fees may include professional cleaning of the property, which will be due at the end of the tenancy and is subject to size of the property.
If a Landlord agrees for a pet to be included in a Tenancy, an increased deposit amount may also be requested to cover against any additional incurred damages.
Stewart Hunter is part of the NALS Client Money Protection Scheme (Licence No: A2878) and are members of The Property Ombudsman (TPO) which is a redress scheme.